Northbound Planning is currently looking for the following skilled individuals
to join their dynamic team:
Job Title: COMMUNITY PLANNER
Posting Deadline: October 31, 2019
Effective Hiring Date: Start date to be arranged
Northbound Planning Ltd. is looking for a Community Planner to assist the company to provide duties to membership clients and assist staff with task completion that requires a higher level of planning experience.
The company is a privately-owned company located in Northwest Saskatchewan operating out of Vawn, Saskatchewan. This innovative and progressive company allows individuals to thrive within a collaborative team that adapts services to meet the needs of the clients. Northbound provides services to a range of clients, which ensures an ever-changing work environment.
Reporting to the CEO of Northbound Planning and membership Administrations and Councils, the Community Planner is responsible for development control and subdivision within various client bylaws, ensuring that planning and development regulations are properly administered.
Job tasks include:
1. Liaise with and respond professionally and promptly to internal and external customer inquiries related to Development Permits, Land Use Amendments, Subdivision Applications and local referrals.
2. Process and review subdivision applications with established processes and legislation and write approval letters, servicing agreements, and other related documents.
3. Writing of specific development agreements for development permit applications.
4. Prepare Council or Committee reports as requested by Administration and/or management.
5. Assist with preparation of reports for Subdivision and Appeal Board hearings, as required.
6. Investigate issues related to illegal development and recommend appropriate action to be taken.
7. Write Official Community Plans, Zoning Bylaws, and associated amendments, facilitate the process through the municipalities with public notices and the Community Planning Branch.
8. Creation of associated land use mapping.
Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in municipal government with emphasis on planning and development processes is encouraged.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision.
Knowledge of relevant, provincial and municipal legislation, policies and programs with the ability to integrate and utilize knowledge in planning and development projects.
Strong experience and understanding of community planning practices, principles and procedures, land use planning legislation, land use planning preparation, public participation processes.
Proficient file and data management skills.
Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking capability.
Ability to work independently within a team environment with excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to interact with the public, staff and external agencies.
Ability to make appropriate, logical and practical decisions.
Must be computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and online software.
Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is an asset.
Must hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Must provide a vehicle for which vehicle mileage will be paid.
Post-secondary education in Land Use Planning or related disciplines, or a combination of equivalent education and experience is encouraged.
Eligibility for membership within the Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute and Canadian Institute of Planners is mandatory.
This position provides opportunities for career advancement and job task expansion.
Please contact Northbound Planning CEO, Yvonne Prusak, at 306-397-1000, or by email, for more information about the position and questions. Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to email@example.com, and addressed as follows:
Yvonne Prusak, CEO
Northbound Planning Ltd.
Mervin, SK S0M 1Y0